I am all about nutrient dense foods that are quick and easy and that my kids love! So I was excited to try this new recipe I found from Alive magazine. I gave it a try and they are great. I would also add in chocolate chips and/or a bit of your favourite dried fruit for extra yumminess!
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
1/4 cup gropund flaxseed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup hemp hearts
1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetwned almond milk or other nondairy milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of dried fruit or chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat ovent to 350F; Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix wet ingredients in another
2. Add the wet to the dry
3. Mix well and then add your desired amount of chocolate chips or dried fruit.
4. Place in spoonfuls on a tray - they will not spread so you can put cookies fairly close together.
5. Place in a preheated oven at 350F for 18 to 20 minutes or until slightly browned.
6. Makes about 24 small cookies.