I am a big fan of recipes that are versatile to whatever is in the fridge. And this is one of those recipes! Although here is usually what I try to make these with so they taste their tastiest!
8 Rice wraps
8 Jumbo Shrimp
Avocado - sliced thinly - 1 whole
Carrot - sliced, peeled or chopped into matchsticks (I like to marinate it in rice vinegar)
Cucumbers - slided into matchsticks
Tamari or Soy Sauce or Braggs Soy Seasoning
Thai Sauce or favourte hot sauce
1. Cut up all ingredients and have them all ready
2. Take a rice paper and place on a plate with warm/hot water
3. After 1-2 minutes the paper will soften; take out and place on a work surface/cutting board
4. Place desired ingredients in middle of the wrap
5. Add Tamari (soy sauce) and/or the thai sauce before wrapping
6. To wrap fold bottom and top edges in first, then roll to close; the tighter the better - the rolling technique does take some practice.
7. Eat right away with soy sauce, thai sauce, plum sauce or your favourite dip!
~ Enjoy - Dr. Laura ND
I love this recipe. It is a staple. I have made it on a regular basis now for years, and over the years I have made the original recipe more healthful. Adding in flaxseed, coconut oil, shredded carrot etc. It is such an easy recipe to add favourite items to. I always think of my godmother when I make this recipe, she is 93 years old now and was the one who first introduced me to her recipe of her homemade banana bread
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup of melted coconut oil
1 egg (OR egg replacements such as: 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tbsp of water OR 1/3 cup of applesauce)
1.5 cup of rice flour (wheat, or Bob's Redmill All purpose Flour)
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1 grated carrot (optional)
1 cup of raisins (optional)
Mix together, bake in muffin cups or in an 8x8 pan for 20-30 minutes or until brown on top and cooked all the way through! Makes about 12 regular sized muffins. They freeze well.
~Dr. Laura ND
Recipes that are all ND approved, healthful, delicious, easy and enhance a health and wellness lifestyle.