I am a big fan of recipes that are versatile to whatever is in the fridge. And this is one of those recipes! Although here is usually what I try to make these with so they taste their tastiest!
8 Rice wraps
8 Jumbo Shrimp
Avocado - sliced thinly - 1 whole
Carrot - sliced, peeled or chopped into matchsticks (I like to marinate it in rice vinegar)
Cucumbers - slided into matchsticks
Tamari or Soy Sauce or Braggs Soy Seasoning
Thai Sauce or favourte hot sauce
1. Cut up all ingredients and have them all ready
2. Take a rice paper and place on a plate with warm/hot water
3. After 1-2 minutes the paper will soften; take out and place on a work surface/cutting board
4. Place desired ingredients in middle of the wrap
5. Add Tamari (soy sauce) and/or the thai sauce before wrapping
6. To wrap fold bottom and top edges in first, then roll to close; the tighter the better - the rolling technique does take some practice.
7. Eat right away with soy sauce, thai sauce, plum sauce or your favourite dip!
~ Enjoy - Dr. Laura ND
Recipes that are all ND approved, healthful, delicious, easy and enhance a health and wellness lifestyle.